2016 has seen some of the fastest production cars being developed. Throughout the year manufacturers have been launching cars with higher top speeds and more horsepower. This is a list of the fastest 2016 production cars.
10. Gumpert Apollo Arrow. The car was unveiled in Geneva with 986 bhp and a torque figure of close to 1000 Nm. This is one of the fastest cars of the year with a top speed of 224mph and 2.9 seconds 0-60 time.
9. Noble M600. The car has only 650 bhp. However, it is very light giving it a high-speed output of over 225mph. This makes it faster than the arrow. However, it has very little driver aids making it more suited to the seasoned driver.
8. Zenvo St1. The Danish supercar is the first car on the list with over 1000 bhp. With 1104 bhp it is quite powerful. This car has a 0-60mph speed of 2.9 second and a top speed of 233mph. However, the chassis design reduces the speed.
7. McLaren F1. Even though the McLaren is less powerful than the Zenvo, it manages the power better. The 627 bhp allows the car to reach speeds of over 233mph with some impressive revs limited at 7500rpm.
6. Koenigsegg ccx. The Koenigsegg has 806 bhp delivered by the V8 engine that is tuned to perfection. The car is able to hit speeds of 245mph. The handling is quite good with one of the best downforce specs at over 120mph.
5. Saleen s7 Twin. This car has over 750 bhp delivering a 0-60 time of 2.8 seconds. The twin-turbo V8 pushes the car to speeds of close to 248mph. The pedigree of the manufacturer is evident, and the flagship is expected to be the most coveted car this year with around a dozen being manufactured.
4. Koenigsegg Agera R. This is the second Koenigsegg on the list but with a more powerful engine pushing out 1140 bhp. This gives the vehicle a 0-60 time of 2.8 seconds and a top speed of around 263mph. This shows the caliber of engineering that the manufacturer is creating.
3. Bugatti Veyron Supersport. The updated version of the Veyron has a staggering 1200 bhp and a 1500 Nm torque figure. The 0-60 time was a mere 2.5 seconds reaching speeds of 267.8 mph on a road test. It only comes 3rd in 2016.
2. Hennessey Venom GT. This is the main competitor of the Veyron. It has 1244 bhp. This was the fastest production car since 2014 by beating the Veyron with a tested high-speed of 270.49 mph. For two years it has been considered the fastest road vehicle but its throne was taken by its main competitor.
1. Bugatti Chiron. Bugatti just broke the ceiling of super-cars with the 1500 bhp Chiron. The torque and horsepower push the car from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds and onwards to a top speed of 286mph. The launch in 2016 makes it the fastest vehicle in production and the speed is expected to increase once the limiter is removed from the car.
From the well-known brands like Bugatti and McLaren to new heavyweights in the industry like Hennessy and Koenigsegg, to the lesser known brands like Saleen and Gumpert, these are the 2016 fastest production cars that one can buy.